Home » » This Just In

This Just In











(Click the map to enlargicate it)
Bizarro is brought to you today by The Next Fashion Trend.

This cartoon is outside my usual style, but I really love it. I thought of it a couple of weeks before the election but couldn't get it into the Bizarro lineup until weeks later. I figured as long as people could still remember the catch phrases from the election it would still work.

One thing I realized while writing this cartoon was that virtually all the catch phrases were from the Republican side. I tried to make it as "fair and balanced" as possible, but the Obama campaign only had a couple of slogans and didn't produce the kind of constant stream of punch lines that McCain and Palin did. But that's how the GOP of the past 10 years has been operating. They have depended on propaganda and jingoism to convince folks other than the uber-wealthy to vote for them, and that means SOUNDBITES!

One last bit of trivia: My dad's birthday is Nov 30 and I always put a small "Happy B-Day Dad" in the margin of a cartoon that runs on that day. This year was no exception and the cartoon that I originally turned in for Nov 30 had the message. But the following week, I did the Electoral College Map cartoon and to make it as relevant as possible, we bumped it up in the lineup. Long story short, the Sunday cartoon for next week, December 14, will have the birthday message to my dad, even though its two weeks late.

Yesterday's book store event in Clayton (which, in spite of what I had originally said, is only an hour or less east of SF, just beyond Walnut Creek, to answer the queries of some commentators yesterday) went very well. Sold almost all the books the store had ordered, nice-sized crowd, everyone was sweet as pie. Special thanks to Joel and Veritha (I'm terrible with names and I'd never heard yours before, hope I didn't mess it up too badly) for their hospitality.
Share this article :

Blog Archive

 
Copyright © Celebritys Strip - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger