Home » , » Ageless Graffiti

Ageless Graffiti

Bizarro is brought to you today by the Alabama Gay Men's Chorale.

My friend, Richard Cabeza (best name ever) suggested an idea to me about a caveman art critic. I didn't use the idea exactly as he had envisioned it, but I liked the premise and particularly liked the fur suit the critic in his cartoon was wearing.

I've always found primitive cave art to be fascinating. It was the world's first graffiti. When visiting some Native American petroglyphs in New Mexico a few years back, I noticed that modern visitors had scratched their initials or name into the surrounding rocks, not necessarily damaging the ancient art, but adding their own touch on another part of the wall. This is, of course, illegal, as strongly worded signs inform you. Apparently, the trick with graffiti is age. If you get caught in the first few decades, you're a vandal. Get away with it for a few thousand years, you're a national treasure.

Regarding my rant about modern graffiti a couple of posts ago, I realize there are a lot of people who are fans of elaborate tagging. I don't mean to insult the fans of that genre or imply there is no skill involved in some of these images, it just isn't my cup of tea. Doesn't make it bad, just makes it not my favorite.

Some images, however, are just bad.
Share this article :

Blog Archive

 
Copyright © Celebritys Strip - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger