Home » » Metallic Romance

Metallic Romance

Bizarro is brought to you today by The Tin Man's Ex-wife.

I'm not entirely sure what the above "Tin Man's Ex-wife" photo-gag is about. It seems like it means something but it is sort of vague. Perhaps when they divorced, like most women in the U.S., she got all of the money and the shirt off his back, which she then made braces out of?

Before you go and write a lot of angry comments about how you (a woman) got ripped off in a divorce by your scheming ex-husband, I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about most of the time. Any divorce lawyer will tell you that women are heavily favored in divorce court, even when they are the cheating, conniving, instigator of trouble in the marriage.I think it's a throwback to old timey times when failed marriage was always the man's fault and women had no other way of supporting themselves.

These days, within my own circle of friends and family, the women have been more likely to cheat, steal, and dissolve the marriage than the men, yet they still come out way ahead in the divorce. That's anecdotal evidence and very unscientific, but it's what I've seen. I suppose the dark side of women's lib is that women now have the ability to act more like men traditionally have. Not that I'm against equal rights, I am not, I just wish divorce courts would catch up to the curve.

What all this has to do with the Tin Man, I'll never know.

P.S. to Jeff, the winner of yesterday's contest: I got your info, your winnings will be on their way shortly! For the rest of you, keep in mind that you can purchase your own Bizarro Trading Cards any time you like off of the Interwebs. They're cheap, fun and just the right size for jamming under your fingernails if you're into that sort of thing.
Share this article :

Blog Archive

 
Copyright © Celebritys Strip - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger