Home » , , » Toss Me a Bone

Toss Me a Bone











Bizarro is brought to you today by the Magic of Matrimony.

Today's offering is one of the stranger concepts I've bothered to turn into a Sunday comic. I got a few emails about it, not a lot. A couple people really loved it, though I'm not sure what about it they loved, exactly, a couple of people didn't understand it.

As for myself, I like the strangeness of it and the goofy drawing of the horse, but that's about all I can say. In retrospect, I wonder if I should have had the wiggly horse walking, come upon a skeleton, then in the final panel the skeleton is gone and the horse is trotting rigidly off thinking "much better." That might have made a more complete joke.

But when I wrote this, I was thinking of the cliche skeleton in the desert and thought it might be funny to have that skeleton belong to a living, flacid animal, rather than a dead one. As though it had wondered off.

That's it. No more depth of reasoning or meaning than that.

Special thanks to you readers who stopped by my table at the MoCCA Art Festival in NYC yesterday, where I was doing sketches for charity. Today I'll be at the Renegade Craft Fair in Brooklyn, perusing the goods. If you spot me and say "Gimee Pie," I'll give you a free pack of Bizarro trading cards!!!!!
Share this article :

Blog Archive

 
Copyright © Celebritys Strip - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger