Home » » Global Apes

Global Apes

Bizarro is brought to you today by Insatiable Mutant Apes. "What can we f*ck up next?"

This is an odd cartoon that came seemingly from nowhere. In writing this blog, I began to analyze it, and myself, and have come to some conclusions about why I thought of it and why it appeals to me so much.

On the surface, I particularly like the disdainful you're-such-an-idiot look of the woman's face and body language. Okay, I admit it, I've seen that look before, and here begins my self analysis.

Some women have a way of looking at something a man does in a superior sort of "you are so immature" way that those of us with a noticeably immature side are all too familiar with. In response, we men often react with indifference or, some might say, childish impudence.

So if you're a an amateur shrink like me (or even a professional one), you'd say this cartoon is about the boyish nature of some men, and the objections some women have with it. I have occasionally had relationships with women like this, but have since learned to choose women with an equally strong inner child, so as not to be called out on it.

A side joke in this cartoon is the newspaper headline, "Global Village To Lose Idiot." This was submitted by a friend of mine from Saskatoon (which is up north somewhere), Brian Graham, whom I met during an extended stay in Costa Rica a couple years back. He and his lovely wife were in the cabin next to ours, a couple hundred feet through the jungle, and we happened to meet on the trail one day.We got to talking, he asked me what I did, I said cartoonist, he said I like cartoons what kind do you do, I said Bizarro, he said oh my holy god that's my favorite cartoon in the whole world even while I'm on vacation here I pull it up on the Internet each day because I can't live without it will you have sex with me?

So began our friendship, still sex-free after two and a half years, I'm happy to say.

But we correspond regularly and Brian throws ideas at me now and again. This headline was terrific, I thought, and it seems even more fitting to have it on a paper held by a chimp.
Share this article :

Blog Archive

 
Copyright © Celebritys Strip - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger