Home » » Snap, Crackle, Ernie

Snap, Crackle, Ernie

Today's Bizarro cartoon is brought to you by Francesco Marciuliano. "Imagining harmless childhood icons in drag since 1978."

On Francesco's blog (or "Franky Baby," as I like to call him), he mentions that this gag would have worked better if he had used Snap, Crackle and Pop from the Rice Krispies packaging. I would agree with that, they are probably more readily recognized than the Keebler Elves, but it still works. On Francesco's blog (or "The Cesco Kid," as I call him), many readers admitted to thinking these guys were the Rice Krispies guys. For those of you laboring similarly, they are not. They are from this company.

In short (since we're talking about elves) I tend to like humor that brings happy, fictional characters from childhood into the real world. Watching Mickey Mouse cope with the gritty, fragile, maelstrom of adult human life, or Ernie the Keebler elf struggling with gender confusion tickles the bad boy in me.

Conversely, I'm also tickled by this. Perhaps I need a shrink.
Share this article :

Blog Archive

 
Copyright © Celebritys Strip - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger