Home » , » Devolution Pantsuit

Devolution Pantsuit

A friend sent me this pic today via email. No idea where it came from but it made me laugh.

I've been an Obama fan all along and am happy the primaries turned out the way they did. It's not that I don't think Hillary would be a decent president, I just can't imagine another 4 to 8 years of the kind of Repubican vitriol that spewed non-stop during Bill Clinton's administration. I'm sure they'll pull the same crap with Obama, if the country isn't too bigoted to elect him, but at least it will be a new set of lies and tired, predictable jokes. Plus, I think we need some new ideas in Washington, not just promises of new ideas. Who knows if Obama's really got what it takes to deliver that, but I'm hopeful.

Just to show how old and wise I am, I saw Devo the night they first appeared on Saturday Night Live, way back in 1953 or whenever that was. Shortly thereafter, I saw them in concert at some small venue in Dallas. Can't find a video of them on SNL (1978) but the one below is a reasonable facsimile. If you weren't alive then, you can't imagine how different this was from anything else being done at the time. For you extremely young readers, their doing an old Rolling Stones song.

Share this article :

Blog Archive

 
Copyright © Celebritys Strip - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger