Home » , » Thou Shalt Not Teal

Thou Shalt Not Teal

Today's Bizarro is brought to you by Ghostbusters.

This is a simple visual pun switch-a-roony gag that refers to the NFL team from Jacksonville. For the unsporty, they're called the Jacksonville Jaguars and their colors are teal and something.

This is one of the only times you'll see the color teal featured so prominently in Bizarro as it is one of my least favorite colors in the world. This is distinct from the color I call turquoise, which has more blue in it and is a terrific color. The color I hate is the one with more green, the one that appeared on tons of new cars back in the late 80s or 90s, and is still used for clothing and such. Blech.

The 1960s Jaguar XKE, however, are one of my favorite sports cars ever, not that I'm some kind of a sports car junky who drives around in a $100K car. I ride a 1980 Vespa scooter and don't own a car (nor can I afford a classic Jaguar) but I'm not unable to appreciate beautiful design.

I thought I might hear from some football fans when this was published, but instead I got a number of emails from Jaguar clubs who wanted to share this cartoon with their membership in newsletters and web sites and such.

What are your favorite sports cars and least favorite colors?
Share this article :

Blog Archive

 
Copyright © Celebritys Strip - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger